ioquake3 1.36 Gone Gold
Posted on April 23rd, 2009 by TimeDoctor
ioquake3 1.36 is here!
Here is what you can do with ioquake3:
- Play Quake 3: Arena and the expansion, Quake 3: Team Arena
- Make your own game!
- Play standalone games like Urban Terror and Tremulous.
- Play older Quake 3 mods without the Quake 3 security issues but with new features.
Have a look at the list of improvements that have gone into this release:
- Ports to new platforms
- Off-server data downloads (http redirection) via HTTP and FTP with cURL
- OpenAL sound rendering allowing for surround (5.1 and 7.1) speaker layouts and generally improved sound
quality. Especially on the Windows Vista Operating System.
- Ogg Vorbis audio decoding.
- In-engine VOIP support, with optional Mumble player-location (positional audio) support.
- IPV6 Networking. We’re ready to frag on the net of the future!
- SDL backend for the OpenGL context, window management, and input. This also improves portability.
- Anaglyph stereo rendering (for viewing with 3D glasses)
- Full x86-64 architecture support
- Rewritten PowerPC JIT compiler, with ppc64 support
- New SPARC JIT compiler, with support for both sparc32 and sparc64
- Compilation with MinGW and cross-compilation for Windows from Linux
- Improved console command auto-completion
- Persistent console command history
- Improved QVM (Quake Virtual Machine) tools
- Colored terminal output on POSIX operating systems
- GUID System
- Multiuser support on Windows systems (user-specific game data is stored in their respective Application Data folders)
- PNG format support for textures
- Numerous security fixes
Write just about anything about ioquake3 on the wiki!
Talk with us on our mumble server at mumble.ioquake3.org
Thanks again to everyone who has made this a spectacular release. What do you want to see in the future of ioquake3? 4-Player Split-Screen? Let us know in the comments.